When you use Nextelectriccars, there are expectations for how you must respect and protect the privacy of other members. You must ensure that you keep the personal data of other member safe and secure, you must not share other members’ personal details and we do not allow identity theft. Violating these rules or other aspects of the Member Agreement may lead to a loss of account privileges, potentially including a permanent ban from Nextelectriccars.
- What is Nextelectriccars?
Nextelectriccars is a community of electric vehicle owners worldwide whose aim are to connect with each other, exchange of helpful information, connect with electric car mechanics, services and to support and help each other with electric car charging sharing. We hope that electric vehicle owners will use Nextelectriccars to can connect with each other around the world to help mitigate climate change, reduce air pollutions, improve public health, so that we can build a smart future transportation and a stronger economy.
- Who provides the Services and controls my information?
We use “Nextelectriccars” here to refer to our Services and we also use “Nextelectriccars”, “we”, “us”, and “our” to refer to the relevant Nextelectriccars companies described in this section.
All our Services are operated and provided by Nextelectriccars UK
- What information is collected?
When we provide the Services, we collect or receive information in several different ways. In many cases you choose what information to provide. Some information is required in order to use Nextelectriccars and for us to provide the Services. We use this information for the purposes described further below.
Note that not all Nextelectriccars account types and features are available in all locations, so some of the examples below may not apply where you live.
3.1. From you, or with your permission.
We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third-party source. Here are some examples of these instances:
- Contact details.
- When you sign up for Nextelectriccars, you provide your name, address, phone number, profile photo, email address, and similar information.
- If you contact support, you are providing us with your contact information and a description of the issue so we can respond.
- Network details. If you decide to invite new members to join Nextelectriccars community, you can choose to share their residential or email address with us, or share your contacts with us, so we can send an invitation and follow-up reminders to potential new members on your behalf.
- Posts, interests, and recommendations.
- If you want to support a local business, you can choose to share information about it by creating a business page.
- If you want to connect and communicate with other electric car onwers (ECO) about specific interests, you may share information about your interests.
- Payment information. If you make a payment either to or through Nextelectriccars, you are providing our trusted third party payment processors with certain payment information in order to complete the transaction.
- Survey data. If you take part in surveys or other general research we undertake, you may provide information in response.
3.2. From your browser and device.
Like nearly every other online service, we automatically collect technical information when you visit or use Nextelectriccars or read a message from us. We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device. This provides us with technical information when you use Nextelectriccars as a visitor or a member, including:
- Device data, which tells about the device you’re using, such as what type and model it is, its operating system and version, its unique identifier, crash data (if applicable), and what settings you’ve enabled. Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us.
- Log data, which is automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent by your app or browser. This typically includes the date and time you visited, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URLs you come from and go to, your IP address and protocol, and how you used Nextelectriccars (for example, which links you clicked on).
3.3. From third parties and public sources.
We may collect information from third parties, service providers, partners, and publicly-available sources, such as:
- Vendors that provide us with map information in order to create and launch new Nextelectriccars group.
- Vendors that provide information about members and their homes for advertising analytics, personalisation, and measurement.
- Advertisers that provide us with information about their users or customers to help us personalise advertising or measure the performance of their advertisements.
- Public sources such as census data, street addresses, property lot maps, and postal address change information, which provide us with information that helps us understand our members and potential areas for expansion.
- How is my information used?
We use the information we have to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, customise, support, and market our Services. We may also use the information we have for other purposes where permitted by law.
4.1. Establishing and developing Nextelectriccars Community.
We use information to identify and invite potential new members to Nextelectriccars, and to set up new Nextelectriccars Community. For example, we use information to identify new members and, if you ask us to, send invitations and reminders on your behalf, send direct mail invitations, invite your Facebook friends, or notify you when we start offering the Services to ECO.
4.2. Setting you up on Nextelectriccars.
In order to enable us to operate and provide the Services, we use certain information to get you started on Nextelectriccars:
- For Nextelectriccars members, we verify that you live at the address you gave us through a combination of your address and email verification. At some point we have to verify your real address by your car registration.
- Once you register, your personal information is used to populate your profile.
- We use business information to create Business Pages, which help members learn about the businesses in their communities.
- For business or other special accounts, we may verify your address using third-party or publicly available sources, such as business listings or your website.
- When you sign up for Nextelectriccars, you have the opportunity to ask Nextelectriccars to mail invitations to other electric car owners that you know. You only require their email address to invite them to join the Nextelectriccars Community.
4.3 Provide and improve the Services.
We use both manual and automated systems to analyse and use your and other information:
- To operate Nextelectriccars, create membership, join Nextelectriccars Community, invite others, and improve our products and features.
- To help you publish Content and view and respond to Content from other members, based on posting selections you make when you create your posts,
- To highlight popular topics
- To select top posts in an area and to deliver and tailor your newsfeed.
- To highlight businesses you may wish to recommend based on your activity on Nextelectriccars Community.
- To help support businesses recommended by Nextelectriccars members.
- To personalise your experience.
- To understand the trends, usage statistics, and demographic data of the members and the community we serve.
- To respond to your support requests and comments.
- To test and evaluate potential new products and features on Nextelectriccars.
- To diagnose and resolve problems, analyse trends, and monitor usage and resource needs.
- To accept payments, through our trusted third party payment processors.
We use your information to provide and improve advertisements and other commercial offerings both on and off the Services:
- To measure whether an advertisement was interesting to members.
- To measure whether an advertisement was effective for the advertiser.
- To help personalise advertisements based on what we think will be of interest to you.
- To provide and measure the effectiveness of personalised advertising.
- To improve the personalisation of advertisements.
- Is my information shared with third parties?
We share information with service providers, affiliates, partners, and other third parties where it is necessary to perform the Member Agreement, to provide the Services, or for any other purposes described in this Policy.
5.1. Content shared within the Nextelectriccars community.
Nextelectriccars is a platform for electric car owners to share helpful information with each other. To that end, we make the Content you post on Nextelectriccars, such as posts, replies, recommendations, messages, and your profile information, visible to other Nextelectriccars members based on the preferences in your settings, the preferences on the Content you provide, and as described in this Policy. By default, your name, address, and other information you add to your profile will be visible to members of the community; your name, address and a subset of your profile information will be visible to members in the community; and your recommendations are shared with all members. You can limit the information visible to other Nextelectriccars members in the privacy section of your settings.
5.2. Publicly-available content.
In limited circumstances (for example, to highlight popular Nextelectriccars comunity resources or topics on the Nextelectriccars’s home page), we may make short snippets of Content available, without your name or other identifying information, to the public (meaning non-members and search engines).
5.3. Account verification.
We may share your personal information with our verification partners, such as telecommunications providers (if you choose to verify your account by providing your telephone number)
5.4. Legal and safety reasons.
We may retain, preserve, or share your personal information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond, based on applicable law, to a legal request (e.g, a search warrant, court order, or other request from government or law enforcement); (b) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; (c) protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (d) enforce our Member Agreement or any other agreements we have with you; (e) prevent physical injury or other harm to any person or entity, including you and members of the general public. For example, we may share your personal information with disaster relief agencies, first responders, and other individuals to facilitate disaster or emergency response efforts.
If you click on or reply to an advertisement or other offer, we may share your reply with the advertiser, and we may log your interaction as part of tracking the overall effectiveness of the advertisement. We may also pre-populate replies to ads you click on with your contact details, but those details are not shared with the advertiser without your consent.
5.6. Third party partners.
Nextelectriccars may partner with third party companies to offer members the ability to book a range of different services, such as home improvement, book publishing, personal training, and Car Servicing. These offers may be integrated into Nextelectriccars, or Nextelectriccars may contain links to other websites or apps featuring the offers. In order to tailor these offers to you, we may share limited information with such third parties, such as your neighbourhood or post code, the business topic of the content you are viewing, or a business search query (for example, a search for “car mechanic”). When you engage with one of these offers, you may share additional information directly with the third party partner. If you engage with third party partners through Nextelectriccars, the third parties may share with us certain information about you to allow us to coordinate, assess, and improve the services provided to you. This may include information about a booking you make with the third party, including type of service, name and address of provider, and the time of booking. These third parties have their own privacy policies, which will apply to your activity if you click on or interact with their offers featured on Nextelectriccars or other websites or apps.
- How long is my information kept?
We retain your information in our server logs, our databases, and our records for as long as necessary to provide the Services. We may need to retain some of your information for a longer period, such as in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes or defend against legal claims, or to enforce our membership agreement. If you decide not to verify your account and would like us to delete the information you provided, contact us.
- How is my information protected?
7.1. Account security.
Nextelectriccars uses technical and organisational measures intended to keep your data secure, including using https on our web pages to reduce the risk of unauthorised interception of your communications during your visits to the website. However, the internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information won’t be intercepted or improperly accessed. Please ensure that you keep your password safe and do not share it with anyone.
7.2. Other services and websites.
In using Nextelectriccars, you may come across links to websites and services operated by third parties (for example, if a member shares a link to a video on YouTube, or if an advertiser provides a link to a contest or sweepstakes). These third parties have their own privacy policies, which will apply to any personal information they collect. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such external sites’ privacy and security practices.
- Amendments to this Policy.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time, so please review it periodically. If we materially change our Policy, we will take steps to notify you in advance of the change, for example by emailing you or by posting a notice in the Nextelectriccars Community feed.
- Contact us.
Contact us at Nextelectriccars UK, Email: [email protected]